Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary drugs based on prostones, is currently in search of a Financial Analyst.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for researching, analyzing, and validating underlying assumptions used to prepare forecasts and budgets, as well as various ad hoc analyses.
- Assists with Budget, Re-forecasting and 3 year Strategic Plan
- Provide financial input in business modeling
- Perform various ad hoc analyses
- Provide analytical support to Directors and Managers on departmental expense performance.
- Assist as needed with commissioned deep-dive projects (benchmarking, process review, etc.)
- Develop, implement and maintain monthly metrics, which highlights key performance indicators.
- Analyze actual budgets/forecasts and provide analysis.
- Assist in managing project financials and communicate actual out of turn variances to project managers.
- Work closely with accounting to stream line systems and enhance reporting tools.
- Maintain various databases to provide timely, accurate information on departmental and project based activity. This includes various expense and project cost analysis.
A. Education and Training
1) Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
2) 1-3 years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting
B. Skills/Previous Experience
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with a generous company match as well as company-paid parking or metro expenses. If this position meets your qualifications and interest, please submit your resume to
- Demonstrated strong financial skills
- Pharmaceutical/Biopharmaceutical experience a plus
- Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience in operations and financial analysis
- Ability to work competently with several different software applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Great Plains GL and
- Strives in a fast paced environment with ability to reprioritize
- Highly motivated and analytical individual with a desire for accuracy and efficiency
- Demonstrates a process improvement orientation
- Able to work independently as well as with other members of the team
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in suggesting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Able to interact well with other members of the Accounting/Finance team
- Able to communicate with members of other departments.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing diverse backgrounds. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -