If you are seeking an opportunity to work with a profitable, privately held start-up, Telmate is the firm for you. We are a small 160 person company experiencing rapid and consistent growth. We are seeking a seasoned Financial Analyst, with extensive experience performing financial data analysis, covering pricing analysis, revenue analysis, cost analysis, taxation and cash flow analysis. We need this professional to help ensure systems accountability, timeliness, consistency and accurateness for appropriate proactive financial and/or data reporting analysis and decision support goals.
In this role you will drive efficiency and automation in reporting activities to providing business insights that will both identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions resulting in bottom line enhancements and/or savings to the company. This role provides senior financial leadership in directing, planning and leading activities related to financial reporting using both GAAP and cash basis accounting methods, planning and analysis including annual budgets and forecasting. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity of data and compliance to generally accepted accounting principles. This position is responsible for producing management reports, operational analysis, key performance metrics, and developing recommended courses of action. The candidate will also be involved in analyzing and developing current and future financial systems and reporting tools & formats for management.
The Senior Financial Analyst fosters the financial health of our organization by partnering closely with our various functions, tracking performance metrics and creating financial models. In this position you will apply knowledge around rates of return, working capital requirements and investment performance to the projects at hand. You will be called upon to build complex scenarios analyses that serve as the basis for recommendations that leaders of the business draw from to make critical strategic decisions. A master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you maintain a consistently high level of attention to detail while finding creative ways to tackle financial challenges.
Telmate is the industry leader in providing unified communication, video conferencing, video messaging, SMS, online games, social networking, and academic advancement to secured facilities. We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2012, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years.
- At least (5) five years of experience in accounting and financial analysis.
- Should have experience performing financial data analysis, covering pricing analysis, revenue analysis, cost analysis, taxation and cash flow analysis
- Experience with accounting software and business intelligence software
- Experience with complex transaction and reporting systems, software and business tools and understand business process.
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills.
- Ability to model and analyze financial reporting scenarios; make informed, well-reasoned decisions; and find solutions to business challenges.
- Exceptional report modeling and data management skills and keen sense for accuracy.
- Must be comfortable in a leadership role, be extremely proactive and an active participant in a team environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills across functions.
- Exceptional technical skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of financial and accounting terms and principles, and excel at succinctly summarizing, clarifying, and presenting company performance.
- The ability to respond to ad hoc requests and to influence others is essential.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics or related field – CPA, or CPA
- candidate a plus but not required
- Ideal candidate will be a process-oriented individual who is also flexible enough to thrive in a startup
- Superior skills with Excel (pivot, sumif, sumproduct) and modeling and Access
- Strong Analytical and technical (computer/software skills).
- Quantitative ability, including experience gathering and manipulating data from multiple sources
- Self-starter and who works with little supervision