Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Financial Analyst - The Florida Panthers (Sunrise, FL)
This position will manage cash flow projections, monthly variance analysis, NHL and ad hoc reporting, budgeting, forecasting and projections.
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
• Prepare and update consolidated, rolling cash flow forecast.
• Manage NHL monthly and annual reporting obligations.
• Lead the annual financial budgeting process by coordinating with executive management and operating departments.
• Input and maintain budget information in the accounting system.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budget vs. actual reports.
• Develop and implement new and effective techniques for financial planning, thereby rendering better service to owners, executive management and business partners
• Assist management with preparation and updated of 5 year financial forecasts.
• Financial analysis of proposed and existing capital expenditures.
• Implement budgeting and forecasting software to improve and streamline the budget and reforecasting process.
• Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial (variance) reports to departments, track expenses and revenues vs. budget and reforecast and analyze fluctuations.
• Prepare monthly executive financial package.
• Assist with preparation of materials for external auditors.
• Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed.
• Develop, maintain and distribute as-hoc reports and financial models as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial analysis
• Experience in sports and entertainment industry a plus but not required
• Superior analytical skills, result-oriented nature and team working abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical
• Experience with and knowledge of accounting and GAAP important
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, FRX and similar report writing and forecasting programs helpful
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
• Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
NHL - 20 months ago