Financial analysis of Traditional segment and Life Insurance Company results, with an emphasis on the development of analytical reports.
- Develop standard reporting and forecasting, as well as ad hoc reports.
- Coordinate the accumulation of plan and actual data from key functional areas.
- Communication and building relationships with other involved departments is essential. Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze and deliver information needs.
- Analyze financial results compared to forecasts, provide research on significant variance and communicate results in a concise manner.
- Assist and/or lead various department projects in a team centered environment.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Be able to summarize detailed data into executive level formats, as well as breaking down aggregate information into meaningful pieces.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Has direct responsibility for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in matters of financial and operational controls and disclosure requirements as mandated by the Act. This includes strict adherence to the company’s Business Conduct Statement and Code of Ethics. The emphasis will be on compliance with financial procedures and protocol, internal controls, and maintaining the highest level of workplace behavior.
- Complies with all guidelines established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and guidelines set forth by other regulatory agencies, where applicable, and defined in the Universal American Corporate and department policies.
- And all other duties assigned by the manager and/or supervisor.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects at one time
- Customer service skills with the ability to interact professionally and effectively with providers, third party payers, physicians, and staff from all departments within and outside the Company
- Analytical and interpretation skills including departmental, utilization, financial and operations data
- Decision-making skills with the ability to investigate and weigh alternatives and select the course of action that provides the greatest benefit to the organization
- Creative thinking skills with the ability to ask the needed bigger-picture questions that lead to process and team improvements
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time
- Problem solving skills with the ability to look for root causes and implementable, workable solutions
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and participate as an independent contributor with little supervision or as an active team member depending on the situation and needs
- Must have a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail, and reflects well on the organization
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Recent graduate to 2 years work experience in a Financial Analysis position
- Insurance industry experience preferred but not required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Personal computer experience should include working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at the expert level at a minimum, as well as Access
- Experience with computerized general ledger systems
Universal American Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.