An exciting new opportunity exists to be part of the team at University HealthCare Alliance (UHA), Stanford Hospital & Clinics' new medical foundation. This opportunity is with Affinity Medical Solutions in Richmond, CA.
The Financial Analyst plays a key role in optimizing the performance of the managed care business of Affinity Medical Solutions. This individual's primary responsibility is to audit, analyze and report on a wide-range of healthcare items including utilization trends, cost trends, physician and group compensation, total cost of care and quality-program performance. Accordingly, the Financial Analyst must work in a proactive, autonomous and entrepreneurial fashion alongside healthcare experts in order to achieve business objectives with only moderate guidance.
Desired skills & Experience
We invite you to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include "Financial Analyst" in the subject line.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Economics, Finance, etc.)
- Degree in Health Economics, Statistics or Health Administration
- 2 years experience in a healthcare (insurance, managed care, hospital, medical group) environment analyzing medical costs, auditing claims or supervising the billing of payors and preferably with exposure to inpatient claims.
- Must have experience and knowledge of healthcare standard coding systems such as ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, HCPCS, and revenue codes
- Experience manipulating and extracting data from databases for analysis in Excel Database experience could be SQL or Access, but should have knowledge of computerized query and reporting tools, statistical tools and relational databases, though most work will be done in Excel
University HealthCare Alliance - 6 months ago