University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview
The URC finance department is seeking a mid-level Financial Analyst to support the Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) division’s field offices. The Financial Analyst’s overall responsibility is to support the financial management of QPI field offices as their primary liaison in the finance department and coordinate with Project Coordinators assigned from the QPI division.
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that implements international projects for donors and clients such as USAID and CDC with a focus on quality improvement interventions in health care systems. QPI implements a number of projects, of which the USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is the largest with an annual budget of approximately $40 million and activities in nearly 30 countries. ASSIST is dedicated to improving health, population, and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, Ministries of Health, USAID missions, and cooperating agencies. The ASSIST Project is a global leader in the implementation, advocacy, development, and promotion of cost-effective methods to design and improve healthcare services and systems in developing and middle income countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate the financial communications to project staff in the field and headquarters by serving as the primary point of contact between the finance office in Bethesda and HCI field Finance and Administrative Officers in assigned countries
- Track and monitor project expenses, review and process monthly field reports, review receipts for field-based purchases, prepare and/or analyze quarterly financial reports, and coordinate with QPI Project Coordinators to analyze and update budgets in coordination with assigned country counterparts
- Ensure project compliance with USAID rules and regulations and URC company policy through training, discussion, production of job aids and financial systems, and conducting internal process analysis in collaboration with locally hired Finance and Administrative Officers
- Prepare financial content for reports, presentations, company portfolio reviews, and other project deliverables
- Process invoices from consultants and major subcontractors, including obtaining approval from technical leads/relationship managers, and entering invoice data into trackers
- Review field office payroll and taxes
- Participate in financial audits as well as improvement team reviews of assigned countries
- Manage bank signatories and account maintenance for assigned countries
- Other duties as assigned by senior finance staff
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- At least three years’ experience in project support utilizing budgeting skills and applying procedures and regulations.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel is required with PowerPoint and QuickBooks preferred.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English; high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams.
- Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- Certificates or official training in financial management, financial analysis, government rules and regulations, or related area preferred.
- Familiarity with US government regulations, especially OMB circulars and 22 CFR 226, preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a matrix management setting in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally to provide training and administrative assistance to field offices.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.