Financial Analyst - Beneficiaries
The Financial Analyst – Beneficiaries (FAB) is responsible for all accounting related to the Winn Trusts, performing various reconciliation and reporting functions, assisting in the distribution of surplus cash from the property partnership and will frequently undertake special projects assigned by the Senior Financial Analyst. Also, the FAB is responsible for the monthly update of actual activity to the Master Financial Summary (MFS) related to the Trusts.
This position in the Finance Department reports to the Senior Financial Analyst and completes some special projects assigned by other senior members of the Finance department.
Loans, Repayments and Promissory Notes:
- Execute all general accounting for the Trusts
- Manage liquidity amongst the Trusts and process monthly distributions to the beneficiaries
- Pay and account for all periodic Life Insurance premium payments made by the Trusts
- Reconcile the Trusts bank account statements to the general ledger each month
- Prepare tax return work paper packages, as requested
- Update the Trust actual information on the monthly MFS Budget
- Create the annual Trust Statement of Financial Condition and related work papers
Winn-Owned & Winn-Managed Portfolio:
- Perform accrued interest calculations and process loan repayments when applicable
- Generate Promissory Note Summary Forms for new loans and repayments, as needed
- Create Promissory Notes and loan summaries for new loans, as needed
- Reconcile the Promissory Note Schedule to the Sources Summary and general ledger
- Update loan summaries and prepare accrued interest adjusting journal entries at year end
- Maintain Schedule of Real Estate Owned by Arthur Winn, Gilbert Winn, Lawrence Curtis, the Winn Trusts and WCredit LLC
- Centerline invoice analysis and TBs
- Manage the weekly submission to the accounts payable department
- Update and maintain the contingent liabilities summary
- Maintain and process the credit entity’s quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Update the annual property valuations
- Provide backup for the Accounting Analyst
- Attend weekly team meetings to discuss priorities and provide status reports
- Special projects, as requested
- Perform tasks following a policy and procedure (updating as needed) and drafting new ones when identified
- Filing and scanning (mainly using Adobe Acrobat)
- Assist in the processing of certified mailings related to tax returns and other reporting as requested by the Senior Tax Analyst
WinnCompanies Corporate Culture & Benefits
- Bachelors of Business Arts w/ relevant Accounting courses taken
- Experience in a corporate office setting
- Experience with reconciling bank statements and processing journal entries a plus
- Comfortable with communicating questions, concerns, etc.
- Ability to focus, achieve deadlines and work with a dynamic team of professionals
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Adobe Acrobat
- Very detail oriented and organized
- Adaptable to other software programs
- Able to work well within a relatively small group
- Positive attitude
- Eagerness to learn and excel
- Must pass drug test, criminal background check and provide references
Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence.
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits; in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about us at, www.winnco.com
WinnResidential - 12 months ago