Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our team . Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting in forecasting and budgeting expenses related to our technology spend. This includes, but is not limited to, tracking and analyzing expenses at both the cost center level as well as a project level. The position will prepare and disseminate reporting to key technology members, in addition to the Finance team.
- Entire Financial Planning team and some members of the Financial Accounting group
- VP, Directors and other key members within the Technology group
- Strong working relationship with the Project Management Office
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Forecasting & Budgeting – Work collaboratively with the technology team to forecast and budget monthly expenses. Have the ability to explain variances to budget and prior forecasts, suggesting improvements to processes that will improve the accuracy of forecasts. 40%
- Reporting & Analysis - Analyze and report technology spend from the cost center level down to the individual projects . Disseminate information on project spend to key management, including the Project Management Office. Update reporting as project slate changes (new projects, cancelled projects, etc.) 40%
- Cost Benefit Analysis – Assist in completing analyses of the cost/benefit of technology projects, compiling all pertinent financial information . 10%
- Miscellaneous – Additional requests and ad-hoc reporting, as needed. 10%
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Sound knowledge of Financial Planning Tools (SAP/Cognos/etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years experience in forecasting & budgeting, particularly in a technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with management and non-financial personnel
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level in Position:
- Must be able to think and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills are required.
- Good communication and organizational skills are required.
- Must work well under high pressure in a team setting.
- The ability to multitask is required .
- Working effectively with diverse attitudes and groups is required.
Up to six months to master
Physical Requirements: Office environment
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...