dressbarn , a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group, Inc., (NASDAQ - ASNA), offers casual career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories at value prices for women ages 35-55, operating approximately 830 stores in 48 states. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries, dressbarn , maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with revenues of over $4 billion.
At dressbarn, we believe talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we also offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
The Financial Analyst will:
- Assist in the Financial Planning process including seasonal operating plan, strategic plan, and monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Maintain the Sales & Gross Margin performance forecast model
- Assist in reporting and analysis of key performance metrics and analysis to acheive strategic objectives
- Generate Store reports by region and geographical zones.
- Partner with Store Operations on critical event reporting.
- Perform the daily/weekly sales & margin reporting.
- Assist in the generation, preparation and review of monthy/quarterly financial statements/packages and various internal and external reporting documents.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required by senior management.
- Participate in driving continuous improvement in financial reporting.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred.
- 2-5 years progressive experience in a finance environment with exposure to general accounting, financial analysis, and corporate reporting.
- Retail industry experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point
- Experience with gneral ledgers and budgeting software required, Oracle, Hyperion & OutlookSoft a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Dressbarn, Inc. - 20 months ago
Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel and...