QSI/NextGen Healthcare builds software that improves patient care and reduced healthcare costs. Now we’re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us.
Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com
The Financial Applications Specialist will support the team that analyzes client reported problems or client requirements for system setup and procedures .The Specialist manages efforts to support software or process solutions, and implement software upgrades that meet customer expectations.
- Analyzes client requirements, procedures, and problems to support software and process solutions that meet customer expectations and NextGen’s operations requirements by performing the following duties:
- Assists post-live clients with system patches, training, and reported errors.
- Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data;
- Troubleshoots and resolves client issues independently.
- Documents and updates new and existing entries and resolutions for client issues in vendor help desk system.
- Manages assigned help desk tickets through appropriate channels of escalation or resolution.
- Provides efficient, quality internal and external customer service while working with team members and clients to resolve outstanding issues.
- Consistently follows written Policies and Procedures for assisting clients.
- Is an advocate for providing satisfaction to NextGen clients by maintaining a proactive approach with clients and maintaining positive client relationships
- Assists in planning, prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals for internal and external uses.
- Learns new products and tools and share knowledge with others.
- Assists with answering the client help desk phone as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of general HIM procedures and principles.
- Good knowledge of ICD-9, CPT-4, DRG and patient account coding
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Detail oriented
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Experience in patient revenue cycle management, hospital patient billing and collections for all levels of service, payer submission and denial management.
- Experience with electronic billing and claims processes
Required Education (including certifications):
- Basic knowledge of the principles and processes of the hospital environment with focus on the nursing and clinical application areas.
- Experience in patient access procedures, including bed and board requirements
NextGen Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Because NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V.
The next available appointment with your doctor might not be until next July, but NextGen Healthcare Information Systems will help with the...