Reporting to the Associate Administrator for YSM Office of Medical Education and Central Administration with wide latitude for exercising discretion and independent judgment, oversees all aspects of departmental administration to ensure faculty, students and staff in Office of Medical Education receive high quality financial and operational support in a manner compliant with University policies and procedures. Serves as key financial support to the Associate Administrator in a team-organizational structure. Principal Responsibilities 1. Drafts preliminary financial sections of proposals.
2. Reviews all proposals for accuracy, completeness, and compliance to grantor and University requirements and regulations.
3. Monitors, controls, and maintains financial activity of accounts. Ensures expenditures are posted to proper accounts. Identifies, researches, and corrects questionable expenditures.
4. Serves as the principal source of information on financial policies and procedures and financial activity.
5. Reconciles and analyzes financial statements. Prepares standardized and specialized financial reports and analyses.
6. Oversees and instructs support staff.
7. Oversees the maintenance of financial records and files.
8. Assists with the development and implementation of systems and procedures.
9. May calculate weekly payroll for department staff.
10. Performs clerical functions incidental to accounting activities. Required Education and Experience Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Required Skill/Ability 1: Must have strong communication skills both oral and written, and ability to communicate and interact with faculty, upper management, and student population comfortably and effectively. Required Skill/Ability 2: Accounting and financial management skills. Required Skill/Ability 3: Demonstrated proficient in Excel and experience with database management. Required Skill/Ability 4: Strong analytical and problem solving skill; ability to multi task and attention to detail. Required Skill/Ability 5: Solid understanding of internal control concepts. Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Grant and Contract Pre and Post Award experience. Research grant management experience. Finance and accounting experience in the non-profit sector. Experience with Oracle, YBT, Brio Query. Weekend Hours Required? Occasional Evening Hours Required? Occasional Drug Screen Yes Health Screening Yes Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process. Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...