This position blends the skill sets of a financial analyst and a business analyst. The position requires the ability to develop analysis and critically review results to seek out areas of opportunity within the firm and work closely with senior level management to plan actions. The analyst must be able to work independently and work with various systems and organizational infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial and operational reports.
- Prepare analysis reports on firm’s monthly operational and financial performance.
- Perform monthly and ad hoc analysis.
- Perform analysis and provide support to decision making throughout the Firm related to cost savings and profit improvement programs.
- Work closely with Practice Group Administrators to develop tools to assist in Practice Group Management of resources.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Assist with developing more accurate standard reports.
- Perform projects and analysis as directed by Manager, Director of Finance and CFO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of accounting structure, general ledgers, and financial reporting.
- Experience working with interfacing systems.
- Experienced with cash flow analysis, cash forecasts, financial budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent technical skills in Excel and other applications, including data mining and manipulation.
- Strong presentation skills and experience explaining financial data and analysis to groups.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation, desire to contribute and seek continuous improvement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or MIS.
- Experience with Elite Enterprise preferred, but not required.
- Expert-level Excel skills. Experience with SQL Server and/or Access desired.
- Experience with report writing software.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using the "I'm Interested" button.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting a diverse group of the most talented professionals from all sources, regardless of background. We hire men and women with sharp minds, a passion for learning and a strong desire to develop. We want every employee at the firm to feel welcome with an equal opportunity to excel. Thank you for your interest in Dechert LLP.
Dechert LLP is a leading international law firm with 27 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1875,...