Job Title: |
Overview of Position: Position accountable for activities in support of the consistent implementation of systems, processes and controls related to the financial close process. This position works with in-country and regional staff as well as other Corporate departments.
Principal Accountabilities of Position:
- Supports system upgrades and ledger implementations - serve as a team member on such enhancements or upgrades (HFM, OBIEE, Peoplesoft Upgrades, Reporting applications, etc.)
- Performs reconciliations of financial data between ledgers and reporting databases
- Supports the development of reporting tools to be used in the preparation of accurate financial reports that meets regulatory and management reporting needs. Works with Accounting Systems and Reporting team to ensure:
- Reviews Essbase reports for accuracy in each accounting period.
- Confirm projections have been submitted to Essbase and verify completeness
- Develops financial reports to provide management with timely information.
- Define and monitor Financial Close controls in coordination with Internal Control Dept., Internal and External auditors, etc.
- Ensure consistent controls across ledgers
- Maintain required SOX documentation for controls related to reporting of assigned operations.
- Supports internal and external audits as required
- Participate in special projects as required
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- 8+ yearsof experience in Accounting
- Completion of/or progress towards CPA, MBA, or CMA a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP, insurance accounting and US STAT a plus
- Prior experience with international reporting including an understanding of the impact of foreign exchange a plus
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to work with associates at all levels, including senior management.
- Ability to produce results and carry out initiatives independently
- Ability to work within tight time constraints and multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration
- Proficient in use of computerized financial systems and Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of a language relative to our international operations a plus
Financial Management Group
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Don't accuse New England Life Insurance of a regional bias. The company, which operates as New England Financial, provides insurance and...