Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
• Required Experience: 2+ years of job-specific experience
• Required Certifications: Series 7; Series 66 (or both Series 63 and 65) License; Variable Annuity License; State Life, Accident and Sickness License
• Required Skills:
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
-Broad knowledge of pertinent securities market and investment vehicles, along with the experience and perspective to apply toward the effective management of client assets
-Broad knowledge of securities trading patterns and market trends.
- Proficient using a Personal Computer and related software applications such as Microsoft Office, Internet, and other job specific databases.
- General knowledge of bank products and services
Additional Job information:
• Preferred Skills:
-ChFC and/or CFP certifications
Prefer in market experience with existing book of business 5+ years.
This is a commissioned sales position providing investment consultation to the public on stock, bonds, annuities, mutual funds and other securities. Incumbent adheres to applicable laws, regulations, and rulings governing services, policies and procedures of Securities sales.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists clients in meeting their financial goals through personalized, in-depth counseling and recommendations of appropriate investments in equity and debt instruments. Helps to determine proper strategy, based on anticipated needs and risk tolerance. Answers clients concerns and questions. Conducts investment seminars for clients and prospects.
• Applies current information, along with prior knowledge and experience, to determine the most appropriate investments for each client. Ensures proper account documentation.
• Stays abreast of market and securities suitable for clients. Reviews research materials and financial news for areas of opportunity and concerns, and advises clients and other key stakeholders as necessary.
• Consults with officers throughout the bank to bring the above services to our banking customers and to interest their clients in the benefits of doing investment business at the bank. May work directly with retail to support their annuity sales efforts.
• Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus Financial Corp.
- 2 years ago - save job