PresenceLearning (www.presencelearning.com) is a fast-growing venture-backed company that is fundamentally changing the way special education services are delivered. Our service combines an innovative web platform with a skilled distributed workforce to help challenged learners excel.
We believe that all students with special needs deserve access to the best services and technology. As a member of our team, you will see the impact you are having on these students every day.
We are growing rapidly and see an extraordinary opportunity ahead. We are pursuing this opportunity with a fun, smart, friendly group of people from our offices in San Francisco. We look forward to meeting you.
The Controller will be the first on-staff financial hire for PresenceLearning. To date, we have worked with highly competent outside professionals, but our strong growth now means we need a full-time hire. The Controller will be a critical member of our team, with direct responsibility for reporting, budgeting, forecasting and cash management. Star candidates will be strong business analysts as well as good day-to-day financial operational managers.
Location : San Francisco
- Manage all day-to-day accounting operations for the company, including A/R, A/P, payroll and bank accounts / cash flow
- Manage month- and year-end closing, including maintaining and reviewing all account reconciliations and preparing monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Assist with the preparation of board reporting packages
- Assist in the development and review of annual operating budgets
- Coordinate with auditors and tax consultants with regards to financial audit and tax filing
- Other finance and reporting duties as necessary (e.g. 1099 filings, insurance policy review, etc.)
- Drive continued improvements to financial IT systems and processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Extremely hands-on
- A “start-up person”
- Deep working knowledge of Quickbooks Online
- 3-5+ years accounting experience working with start-ups/small business
JobHost - 18 months ago
San Francisco, CA
- 5 days ago
National Healthcare Organization
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- 20 days ago
Synchrony Solutions Inc.
- 11 hours ago