Award Winning Care
Our OhioHealth family of associates is a collaborative group that discovers and succeeds together. Our culture is defined by our mission and OhioHealth values of excellence, compassion, integrity and stewardship.
What is it like to work at OhioHealth?
WE have an unwavering commitment to put our patients at the center of everything we do, providing quality care and an exceptional patient experience. Through our many feedback channels, our associates tell us they are proud to work for OhioHealth, enjoy the people they work with, and feel valued as a part of our OhioHealth family.
…if your passion is to work in a caring environment
…if you believe that learning is a life-long process
…if you strive for excellence and want to be among the best in the healthcare industry
For the seventh consecutive year, OhioHealth has been named to FORTUNEmagazine’s list of the nation’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2013. Being a Best Company is about our culture and how we engage one another. This recognition is one measure of our success in achieving a part of our vision — to be an organization “where people want to work.” Apply now and work together with us to improve the health of those we serve.
The Financial Counselor supports billing and collections processes by verifying eligibility and benefits, collecting co-pays, deductibles, and/or co-insurance at point of service, and maintaining patient insurance, billing and demographic information. The Financial Counselor will meet with patients during the pre-admission process and in patient rooms to discuss various financial terms and payment options.
In addition to financial counseling responsibilities the Financial Counselor will also support the Registration staff, and will comply with patient confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
1. Associates degree or 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
2. Work requires the analytical skills to read and understand instructions, and strong decision making skills.
3. Work requires good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
4. Work requires ability to visit patient rooms and walk 1 hour per day.
5. Work requires communication skills (verbal/written. telephone) necessary to explain policies or procedures, relay patients needs to appropriate personnel, or otherwise communicate with others in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
6. Work requires basic computer/typing skills.
7. Work requires the ability to follow the work of other staff members.
8. Work requires understanding of basic office machines (photocopies, fax, phone)
Additional Job Information
Part time hours, 24 hours per week, benefits eligible, 11P-7A with an every other weekend rotation
Scheduled Hours Per Week
Equal Employment Opportunity
OhioHealth is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains
compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. OhioHealth does not discriminate
against associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other
characteristics protected by law. Equal employment opportunity is extended to all persons in all
aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion,
transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any
other term or condition of employment.
Ohio Health - 11 months ago