Job Description Summary
The Financial Counselor will work onsite at our client hospitals to screen uninsured patients to complete financial assistance applications as well as process and determine eligibility for Charity Care and HCAP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct financial fact-finding interviews with patients who are seeking Medicaid benefits.
- Complete Medicaid and other applicable applications/releases.
- Monitor all applicants who are eligible for Medicaid or other financial assistance or coverage plans, as required.
- Enter clear and concise notes in the required patient accounting systems.
- Maintain a caseload of applicants needing documentation and follow-up.
- Ensure all supporting documents, including applications and receipts, are obtained and filed timely.
- Successfully help coordinate and manage the portfolio of applicants with headquarters support staff.
- Adhere to all relevant regulations related to our involvement with Federal, State and local government programs as well as FHS' and our clients compliance programs.
Customer service skills
Working knowledge and understanding of the State's Medicaid application process
Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
Experience working in a hospital environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Dependable transportation to do field work (when required)
$16-$18 p/hr depending on experience
College degree preferred. Related experience may be substituted
Monster - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard