Posting Title |
Financial Credit Analyst
ANALYST FINANCIAL CREDIT
5500 Cenex Drive
Inver Grove Heights
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Energy Division with our Energy/Crop Nutrient Credit group for a Financial Credit Analyst located at our corporate headquarters in Inver Grove Heights, MN. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and have the ability to question and maintain positive customer relationships. You must have proven ability to collaborate with business partners and utilize strong negotiation & diplomacy skills. This opportunity has growth potential within CHS.
- Collaborate with and support business units through developing creative ways of mitigating risk and maximizing sales.
- Perform pre-sale credit risk evaluations on new customers, with emphasis on financial statement analysis as well as evaluation of data obtained from bank and trade references.
- Conduct financial credit evaluations on assigned portfolios of customers, identifying key risk elements for each account, assign risk ratings and recommend appropriate action to reduce risk to CHS when warranted
- Approve credit line amounts within assigned authority level of up to 150k.
- Manage customer account balances to their approved credit line amounts.
- Negotiate collateral\security requirements with customers.
- Coordinate with the Collections and the Legal departments on delinquent accounts in order to optimize CHS cash flow.
- Utilize ability to critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternative actions before making decisions.
- Resolve moderately complex credit problems and confer with management on highly sensitive accounts.
- Participate in special projects enhancing the department effectiveness by leveraging technology and the integration of A/R – Account Receivable portfolio with risk assessment tools.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related finance field.
- 2+ years experience in Commercial Credit & Financial Analysis.
- Experience with:
- Commercial Contracts
- Negotiating Security Documents
- Bankruptcy proceedings
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
- Petroleum or Agriculture related industry experience is preferred.
- JD Edwards OneWorld E-1 operating system experience.
- Experience extending credit approvals up to 150k.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO/AA/M/F/V/D employer.
CHS Inc. - 15 months ago
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...