This role provides advice on AML and sanctions risks related to all Wholesale Banking (WB) clients in the Americas region subject to Enhanced Due Diligence under the WB, customer due diligence (CDD) policy, including PEP and sanction affected entities, at customer acceptance and periodic customer review.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder supports the Financial Crime Risk management framework in Wholesale Banking, to be delivered through:
• advice on CDD policy
• advice and escalation of higher risk relationships
• testing compliance with policy in the region
In support of this framework, the role holder must contribute to:
• assessing risks arising from specific clients and managing those risks in the interests of the Bank;
• working with Country Compliance teams to ensure that the CDD procedures remain up-to-date and in compliance with laws and regulations in relevant countries;
• the training of teams in the WB business that are responsible for CDD in the first line and establishing a feedback loop to support continuous improvement;
• advising on the Bank’s sanctions risk management framework as it applies to client relationships;
• ongoing testing of compliance with the CDD procedures.
Leadership and management
• Supports efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders.
• Works with country and Group resources to deliver advisory and testing objectives, including ‘virtual team’ members within the region.
Knowledge development and information management
• Offers subject matter expertise, drawing on FCR networks, professional qualifications and experience.
• Ensures effective escalation within the Bank.
Qualifications & Skills
1. 4+ years of core compliance and AML Advisory experience.
2. Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Compliance and the business.
3. Knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, to include the BSA, the Patriot Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC/HMT requirements, CISADA, and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements.
4. Detailed understanding of Group, local policies, and standards.
5. Good knowledge of banking products and support structure.
6. Good judgment. An inquisitive approach to practices and procedures. Personal authority and integrity. Independence and resilience.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
8. CAMs preferred.
9. Strong Microsoft Office skills with a proficiency in Excel
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.
Standard Chartered Bank - 18 months ago
Standard Bank Group sets the standard for sub-Saharan banking. Standard Bank, South Africa's largest bank, offers a variety of retail...