Searching for a senior level Financial Data Modeler experienced in applying skills in support of Financial Data Warehouses and the SAS DI Studio too set. The candidate must have a background in developing or support financial data models while supporting financial institution/brokerage firm/wall street/agency like Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, Dept of Treasury.
The Candidate will be required to work with end users to identify and define business rules and model this information into the Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Models. Specific activities will entail leading requirements gathering activities, conducting analysis, interviews and JAD sessions with end users, subject area experts and ETL team in order to accurately model the business and stakeholder requirements.
The Candidate will also interact closely with the client’s Extract / Transform / Load (ETL) process lead establishing the creation of source to target architecture. Required to be highly skilled in designing, developing, and administration of analytical data constructs and structures modeling Financial related information typically found with brokerage firms, hedge funds, etc.
- Highly skilled and experienced with reporting concepts such as OLAP and ad-hoc reporting.
- Experience with data modeling tools like ERWin and business intelligence tools like SAS, Cognos, and Business Objects.
- Experience with the design and optimization of data models, queries, views to support data processing and reporting requirements.
- Experience with version control practices and procedures.
- 5+ years’ experience with Oracle databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong influencing skills
- Work successfully on large enterprise-wide modeling efforts
- SAS ETL/Data Integration Expert