The Financial Data Specialist, as a member of the product engineering team, performs a combination of quality assurance and financial analysis tasks to ensure optimal functioning of the data aggregation software. The Financial Data Specialist will review financial account data (positions, balances, and transactions), assess data quality, and ensure that data is correctly translated for the target accounting system. This work includes the identification and documentation of data accuracy and translation problems as well as working with the software engineering team to investigate and correct the problems.
- Review financial account data and perform test reconciliation of financial accounts
- Identify, document, and verify data issues, including data completeness, accuracy, and translation issues
- Develop and maintain expertise in different accounting and reconciliation systems
- Work closely with both engineering and technical support to ensure timely and complete problem resolution
- Assist with the automation of routine data review tasks
This position involves exposure to private and sensitive financial account information and requires the candidate to pass a background check.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a bachelor’s degree in MIS with a concentration (or equivalent experience) in Accounting or Finance
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with basic investment instruments: equities, mutual funds, fixed income, cash equivalents. Exposure to global (multi-currency) data or derivatives is a plus.
- Working knowledge of at least one accounting, portfolio management, or reconciliation software system is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (file system/command prompt), Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional attention to detail
Candidates will be required to pass criminal background and credit checks before hiring, as well as periodically thereafter and must be a U.S. citizen or have permanent U.S. work authorization to be considered.
byallaccounts - 23 months ago
ByAllAccounts has been delivering reconciliation-ready data to investment management and advisory firms since 1999. Using innovative expert...