Business Title: Financial Due Diligence, Energy Manager
Requisition Number: 34301
Area of Interest: Accounting
KPMG’s Advisory Services Practice focuses on fundamental business issues — managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs — that organizations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals. Services are specialized to help clients mitigate risks across an overall risk spectrum. We are currently seeking a Manager in Transactions-Financial Due Diligence (FDD) for our Transactions & Restructuring practice to join us in our Dallas or Houston office with Energy experience.
* Manage buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, providing financial and business due diligence assistance to Fortune 1000 and middle market companies and private equity investors
* Manage and coordinate approach of client, KPMG’s engagement teams, and third party diligence providers throughout the transaction process
* Analyze target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and risks, which impact valuation and negotiation of the target company
* Create and design tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, valuation model input assumptions, achievability of management’s budget, and indebtedness considerations
* Six years of applicable work experience including four years of experience in one of the following with a Top Ten public accounting firm: accounting, advisory, financial audit, or transaction experience along with prior experience working for or with energy companies
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business from an accredited college/university; CPA is preferred
* Extensive experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing staff, clients, and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
* Strong current knowledge in one of the following: United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Securities and Exchange Commission financial reporting issues, International Financial Reporting Standards , mergers and acquisitions, or transaction services
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel fifty percent annually including potential international travel
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). KPMG...