Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Develop and maintain advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools and components. Using these tools and components to develop or refine quantitatively intense application system that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Contribute to all phases of system development life cycle for financial and credit risk modeling application components and systems. This includes, but is not limited to,
- Interpret economic, asset pricing, and performance models and translate them into system requirements, Capture system requirements via reverse engineering.
- Analyze new and exist modeling requirements to derive design specifications and test cases.
- Design new and enhance exist model components and modeling architecture framework for the system, Implement and test them to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly generated.
Work independently to make judgmental decisions on model components and application development approaches with limited supervision. Conceptualize solution to business policy and issues while remain focused on optimizing the impact of change on existing processes and software.
Collaborate with other team members, business units, and user groups to identify impacts of changes or enhancements, estimate lever of efforts, provide inputs to project schedules, and make effort to meet the schedules. May require to work after normal working hours and weekends when needed.
Collaborate with test, change and configuration management, and execution teams on system changes, tests, and application production releases.
Document the application system artifacts, technical issues, and recommendations clearly and in a manner that ensures proper understanding by both business and technical staff.
Ensure model application development and system access and operation compliance with the company standards and procedures.
Provide technical guidance or consultation to less senior staff. Serve as technical lead on projects to develop or refine analytical applications used in pricing, valuation, risk assessment, and the like. Share knowledge and experience with other team members. Train or mentor users based on their needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Finance, or other quantitative discipline preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Require an advanced understanding of numerical and statistical techniques
- At least 5 years experience in software engineering with SAS, Java, and/or C
- Experience with UNIX and PC Scripting, CVS/ClearQuest, Excel are required.
- Strong knowledge of relational Databases/Oracle required.
- Proficient in coding advanced modeling concepts and mathematical equations.
- Experience with sophisticated models (financial or scientific) and data analysis is preferred
- Must be a self-starter and motivate to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities.
- Proactive, creative problem solver with strong analytical skills. Must be able to define problem space as well as potential solutions.
- Must be able to work independently and create own work plans to follow-up and accomplish large, unstructured tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the financial services industry, especially a background in risk management, is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...