Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
This position is part of the group that provides analytic support to the Underwriting & Pricing department. Our responsibilities include both the use and development of advanced mathematical, analytical, and econometric tools to support business decisions. Examples include cash flow analysis, loan valuation, guaranty fee pricing, and risk measures. The Financial Engineer Manager will be responsible for a team of Engineers who support such analytics, with an emphasis on application development. The Financial Engineer Manager will also be responsible for leading projects and analyses involving other teams within the Modeling & Analytics department as well as various groups within the business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assign staff to confer with product managers, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Assign self or staff to participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Design test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Redefine and implement the components of new risk indicators. Consult with the business owners, design and implement an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Provide technical guidance or consultation to less senior staff. Serve as technical lead on projects or assign other unit staff to projects to develop more refined analytical applications used in pricing, valuation, risk assessment, and the like.
- Build relationships with other groups within the Modeling & Analytics department as well as groups within the business.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Experience in financial services/banking industry required; mortgage industry experience preferred
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (C , SAS, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General financial knowledge, including cash flow modeling and valuation
- Prior people management experience required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...