Principal Bank Auditor – Commercial Bank Team
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
- Top-10 bank by deposits
- 148 on the Fortune 500
- 1,000 bank branches
- 2,200 ATM locations
- More than 31,500 associates globally
- 50 million customer accounts
Capital One’s Corporate Audit Services group is looking for an experienced financial services audit professional to collaboratively lead the Commercial Bank audit effort as an Audit Director. The Commercial Bank provides a full complement of traditional commercial bank products and services and also includes the Trust, Asset Management business, and a broker dealer.
The Internal Audit function within Capital One is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit and Risk Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value added opinions and recommendations.
Conduct major components of operational, financial, compliance audit projects and provide input to the development of internal control testing. Maintain organizational / professional ethical standards and work under limited supervision, with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Complete major components of large and diverse audits and leads small to medium size audits.
- Design and perform appropriate audit procedures to verify the effectiveness of existing controls, identifies and defines issues, reviews and analyzes evidence, and documents audit processes and procedures. Perform risk assessments of business activities and potential exposures.
- Design and execute internal control testing
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
- Provide input into the development of the annual audit plan.
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements
- 3 Years of internal or external audit experience
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- 3 years of experience in internal or external auditing, accounting, financial analysis, information systems, compliance or other related field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Masters Degree in Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or Business Administration
- Certified or working toward a professional certification such as a CIA, CPA, CRCM or CISA
- 5 years of experience in internal or external auditing
- Banking or other financial services audit experience is a plus
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job Audit, Risk Management and Security Primary Location United States-New York-Melville-Long Island-Melville, NY (22001) Other Locations United States-New York-New York-Midtown Manhattan, NY-280 Park (22956) Schedule Full-time Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time Job Posting Unposting Date
Capital One - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...