Engage directly with students to provide information and counseling services related to financial literacy and proper student loan repayment management.
- Conduct entrance and exit student loan interviews, both in groups and individually, to provide information to students on loan rights and responsibilities and answer questions related to loan management.
- Deliver information sessions, both in groups and individually, to educate students on concepts related to financial literacy and debt management.
- Perform outbound telephone calls and letters to delinquent loan borrowers with the goal of finding and assisting delinquent borrowers, thus averting defaults. Advocate is responsible for tracking, call follow-up and working with borrowers and lenders to provide solutions to cure delinquencies.
- Develop and maintain individual relationships with students with the goal of providing financial literacy and loan management resources to better prepare students for responsible financial management.
- Provide information to students on loan consolidation and loans purchased by the federal government through the PUT program. Work with borrowers to simplify repayment via single billing.
- Work with supervisor to challenge institutional cohort default rates on an annual basis. Verify cohort borrower data to ensure accurate reporting to the Department of Education.
- Monitor student enrollment data on an ongoing basis to ensure accuracy of NSLDS data.
- Maintain professional expertise through participation and attendance at conferences, seminars and workshops
- Travel to Berkeley campuses to meet with students and answer questions and provide information related to loan management and financial literacy.
- Other duties as assigned by unit Director
- Bachelor’s degree required; will consider Associate degree with related work experience
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated counseling experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Experience in related area
Berkeley College - 20 months ago