Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum Experience: 6 years of experience as a Financial Planner, delivering moderately complex financial plans for high net-worth clients or equivalent experience and education.
• Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the federal guidelines, rules, and standards governing the use of financial planning services.
- Knowledge of investment and financial products available for use.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to be detail oriented.
- Organizational skills, and the ability to maintain information in a logical and understandable manner.
- Ability to be politically savvy and sale the products and services of the financial institution.
• Certification / License(s): Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Additional Job information:
• Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Graduate Degree
- Knowledge of federal and state tax laws governing the facilitation of long-term financial planning.
- Ability to prepare and facilitate federal and state tax returns for clients.
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 (or 66) licenses
Develop complex and comprehensive long-term financial plans for high net-worth clients and their families. Recommend financial products and services which support the requirements of the financial plan and the needs of the client.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• May seek out and gain the business of high net-worth clients requiring long-term comprehensive financial planning. Manage the relationship while retaining and growing the clients portfolio.
• Manage meetings with clients and present comprehensive financial plans to meet the clients needs.
• Develop financial plans for clients, and recommend products and services which support the long-term planning needs and goals of the client.
• May write or assist with writing financial plans for clients to include preparing meeting updates, gathering information, conducting research, preparing materials such as: cash flow statements, tax projections, investment planning, insurance analysis, retirement, education, and estate planning.
• Participate and/or lead financial planning seminars; may provide coaching and counsel on financial planning strategies throughout the company.
• May assist in preparing federal and state income tax as well as gift tax returns for clients; respond to tax correspondence, calculate cost basis and prepare amended returns.
• Maintain a current knowledge base of trends, guidelines, rules, and standards of practice governing the use of financial products and services. Continue an on-going professional development plan designed to build experience, skills, and knowledge.
• May lead the day-to-day activities of assigned team.. Provide leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Work with the Human Resources Department to resolve more complex team member-related issues.
• Perform other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus Financial Corp.
- 2 years ago - save job