Summary of Responsibilities:
While holding both the position of Financial Services Representative (FSR) and the position of a Financial Planner, the professional will build, grow and manage a financial services practice with a holistic, client-centric approach and build long-term relationships focused on the ongoing needs of clients. This professional will partner with fellow FSRs in a Financial Planning-focused Agency to analyze, recommend and deliver comprehensive financial strategies for clients and ensure all phases of product implementation addressing identified client needs are achieved.
FSRs are responsible to market, advise, recommend and sell MetLife products and services that meet the needs of clients and to fulfill the servicing needs of customers/policyholders. FSRs in this agency are expected to obtain the appropriate certification and licensing to qualify for the Financial Planner position. These professionals are expected to meet with clients and referrals outside of the agency on a regular basis.
1. Build client relationships and focus on developing, recommending and delivering the highest quality advice to clients through the fee based financial planning approach and process.
2. Market, prospect, build client base outside of the agency through proven marketing & communications systems, e.g., seminars, telemarketing, public relations, ad campaigns, referrals, etc.
3. Develop and recommend financial plans and advice for clients in the areas of protection planning, cash flow and debt management, investment strategies, college planning, income tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning by analyzing client’s need and using sound judgment and independent decision-making skills.
4. Present financial plans and strategies to clients and implement suitable solutions to help clients achieve their goals.
5. Demonstrate outstanding client service and support by continuing to assist clients in achieving their changing financial objectives.
6. Participate in the development of a practice that has a team-based approach with multi-faceted expertise for the marketplace.
7. Utilize data, market trends and industry knowledge to develop and implement personal business and marketing plans.
8. Be an advocate and a “go-to” resource for fee based financial planning within MetLife, the local agency and the community at large.
9. Qualify for and maintain industry, government and MetLife required licenses, education, training and production standards.
10. Responsible for the appropriateness of all products sold to customers
11. Prepare a business plan establishing goals and plans/activities for achieving those goals. Market, recommend and sell MetLife products, including life insurance, disability insurance, long-term care insurance, annuities, and mutual funds.
12. Market, recommend and sell MetLife products, including life insurance, disability insurance, long-term care insurance, annuities, and mutual funds.
13. Conduct needs analysis by using sound judgment and independent decision-making skills to determine clients’ financial/insurance needs to make appropriate recommendations and sales presentations to obtain a commitment to purchase. This includes, but is not limited to, comparing and evaluating possible courses of conduct for the client and helping the client make a decision after the various possibilities have been considered.
14. Assist policyholders in realizing the benefits provided by their policies and contracts. Make every effort to promote MetLife products and services by, among other things, keeping products in force, and in event of lapse, to market, recommend and secure the appropriate reinstatement of all such policies and contracts.
15. Comply with all laws and regulations relating to the sale and servicing of products
· Obtain appropriate FINRA Licensing and Registration: L/H, Series 7 and 66
· Meet qualification standards to earn (either at time of hire or soon thereafter), use and retain the Financial planner title
· Ability to regularly perform duties outside the Agency
· Obtain registration as an Investment Adviser Representative (Series 66).
· An industry designation (CFP, ChFC) or enrollment in education program to complete designation within 5 years.
· College degree required.
MetLife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition Number: MET71732
MetLife - 14 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...