Job ID: 0906-9401
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients'' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Financial Planning Group works with branch partners and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisors to provide comprehensive financial planning services for clients and prospects seeking advice on how to reach multiple goals. The financial plan includes a customized analysis to address client or prospective client goals, such as: retirement, college, risk management, asset allocation, and estate planning needs. After setting realistic expectations with the client or prospect, the Schwab Financial Planner prepares and presents a financial plan which will identify a client’s current situation, opportunities and gaps, and advise on specific steps to meet financial goals.
Brief Description of Role:
The Financial Planner is responsible strengthening the relationship between Schwab and clients who have the need for advice on complex financial situations. The financial planning process includes cultivating referral relationships with internal partners, supporting client relationships based on the needs of clients and partners, and working directly with clients to assess and advise on complex financial planning topics.
- Undergraduate degree required
- CFP designation required
- Series 7 & 66 license required (or to be obtained within 90 days). Current Insurance License in the State where business is being conducted also required
- Minimum 5+ years experience with creating and presenting complex/comprehensive financial plans
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated sales skills to close and sell financial planning services
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and financial plans to insure that an accurate final plan is delivered to each client/prospect in a timely manner.
- Extensive knowledge and mastery of moving clients through complete and complex financial planning cycle
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external partners to address clients/prospects financial needs and goals.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex topics to clients.
- Strong client services skills and ability to anticipate and resolve problems on own initiative.
Relocation Offered? No
Work Schedule Days
Languages English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications Certified Financial Planner - CFP, FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7
Relevant Work Experience Financial Services-6+ yrs
Position Located In CO - Denver, IN - Indianapolis
Job Type Full Time
Login | Help
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...