SUMMARY The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager is responsible for a broad range of functions related to financial reporting, planning and analysis including Key Performance Indicators and presentation to the Company board. The FP&A team also drives and assists with the monthly accounting close.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
o KPI Scorecard
- Work with business leadership to develop and report on the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) program which is designed to drive growth in the business. Responsible for the production of the monthly management report which covers all aspects of performance
o Financials (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
o Variance analysis
o Work with executive management and business units to assess existing strategies and performance along with required updates.
- Non financials - Assist senior management with key analysis requests.
- Own the corporate financial planning calendar for monthly close, annual budget, and long range strategic planning.
- 5 Yr Strategic Plan / Annual Budget
o In charge of the annual 5-year plan document including full financial analysis and presentation.
o Coordinate with business finance heads annual budget process
- Lead initiatives to continuously improve and further automate forecasting and reporting processes
- In collaboration with CEO and Executive Team, develop and prepare other high-level presentations (e.g., Parent company, Board, Investor Relations) to communicate business strategies and performance.
- Support business units on special projects (acquisitions, disposals, etc)
- Liaise with parent company reporting function on implementation of financial processes and policies
- Coordinate year end statutory audit •In charge of financial reporting systems and process improvements
Health and Safety
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational projects as required.
- Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Strong verbal communication skills and strong writing skills.
- Advanced project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to think strategically
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting principles including International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP.
- Strong understanding of principles of consolidation (Hyperion a plus)
- Advanced computer skills (MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word; Adobe PDF, internet navigation)
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels of the company, especially executive leadership team
- Able to work under limited supervision and meet tight deadlines
- Able to travel only occassionally
- BS degree in Business with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- 7-10+ years related experience in financial reporting, performance measurement and analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Experience in corporate financial reporting and analysis strongly preferred.
- Experience with international and multidivisional companies and consolidations also preferred.
- Experience in financial modeling a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Internal candidates have 6 work days to apply to this position from date of posting.
Severn Trent Services - 14 months ago
Severn Trent Services is intent on providing cleaner water for consumers around the globe. The company, a subsidiary of UK-based Severn...