Financial Planning Analyst
Job ID #: 87618
Location: NY-New York
Functional Area: Finance
Company: 10001 - American International Group, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 6-9 years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
This role will support the Corp Center Finance team by providing financial oversight and by creating/providing consolidation and expense reporting functionality for the Corp Center Functional Team. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of monthly close for Corporate Center. (Tracking, Recons, Accruals)
- Provide monthly & quarterly financial analysis and reporting
- Coordination, consolidation and oversight of the Corp. Quarterly EMR process
- Assist in the budget cycle coordination and creation/management of budget templates
- Analysis and distribution of Corp. headcount
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Essbase Reporting Tool
- Ad-hoc reports as needed by CFOs, Business Units' staff and Other business partners
- Liaison for Corp FP&A and the Parent Controllers team
Minimum of 6-9 years of Management Finance experience including forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis; strong accounting and finance acumen (familiarity with Insurance products and services is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or business-related field
- Excellent PC skills including Excel (pivot tables, charts, lookups, etc.), strong Essbase, Powerpoint, and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and consolidate data from multiple sources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to break down financial issues and explain to all levels of management
- Must be proactive and a self-starter, able to work independently; ability and willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting requirements; flexibility to shift from project to project as priorities change
- Minimum overtime requirement of 20% (Sometimes required on short notice)
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...