Financial Planning Analyst
Opportunity to join a high-growth natural and organic grocery retailer located just outside Asheville, NC in their Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) group. Position will work with the FP&A team and members of the company’s various functional divisions (marketing, merchandising, operations, finance) in the preparation of key reports and analyses to assist in the analytical evaluation of critical business decisions and the assessment of financial performance. Position will report to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Work with the company’s functional business divisions to develop and improve the custom reporting and analytical mechanisms the teams use to manage their day-to-day operations, make critical promotional, merchandising, and operational decisions, and understand/analyze the implications of those decisions in addition to the division’s overall financial performance
- Key reports / analyses include those assessing the impact and effectiveness of promotions, customer basket analysis, daily sales, traffic and avg. ticket performance / trends, the impact of product mix on financial results, gross margin return on investment, cost and shrink management, and labor scheduling, among others
- Identify and execute improvements in the recurring and ad hoc data reporting and analytical processes of each division
- Support the implementation and go-forward utilization of the company’s data management system for reporting and analytical purposes
- Identify and understand key business trends and establish proactive solutions to drive improved performance
- Support the monthly and quarterly review and reporting of results to senior management and the company’s Board of Directors
- Assist divisions with the company’s budgeting and forecasting process
- Special projects and other ad hoc analyses
- Ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics with a minimum of 3 years of relevant financial analysis experience;
- Superior Microsoft Excel and analytical skills
- Ideal background would involve experience working for or with retail organizations (or in investment banking covering retail companies)
- Strong communication as well as excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Proactive, entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to multi-task and balance time between several projects / assignments at once
- Strong intellectual curiosity and attention to detail
[Salary is negotiable based on experience. Relocation assistance available].
Earth Fare - 14 months ago
Earth Fare, founded in 1975, is an Asheville, North Carolina-based natural foods grocer. Since inception, it has grown into one of the...