Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
This position reports to the Vice President, Planning within Transportation Division and is located in Jacksonville, FL. The Financial Planning Analyst works cross-functionally with the objective of collecting and compiling reports, data and supporting documents to review the financial performance and productivity of each Business Unit in the Transportation Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
Financial Planning and Analysis :
- Assist VP, Planning to coordinate and prioritize all work engagements with the Accounting Department.
- Assist VP, Planning in the annual planning and budgeting process by developing relevant budget documents and calibrating and creating monthly forecasts.
- Support the Business Unit in building the budget in required formats.
- Under the guidance of the Vice President Planning –
- Review monthly financial reports prepared by accounting department and identify reasons for variances.
- Analyze trends in accounting/financial data and make recommendations to capitalize on positive trends or reverse negative trends
- Make financial forecasts based on data in the Transportation Management Systems, JD Edwards’ systems or other data available. Communicate forecasts and projections to the business units and product teams in the Transportation division for further validation.
- Monitor accruals and REAs – communicate with the Accounting Department and business units to clarify results, causes of variances and carry out corrective actions such as drop accruals, and re-class the GL.
- Collect, consolidate and organize documents and data required for financial reports.
- Prepare monthly financial reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information.
- Prepare reports that analyze profitability of products, Business Units, and business with Independent Contractors.
- Support preparation and distribution of financial analysis for the Transportation Division’s overhead expenses, corporate overhead expenses and non-operational expenses
- Manage ad-hoc requests for financial reports.
Education and Experience :
Bachelor’s degree with two or more years’ of related experience or training in accounting and/or financial planning and analysis is required;
A degree in accounting or economics and prior work experience in budgeting, planning and financial analysis is a plus.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities .