Essential Skills and Experience
- High School or equivalent.
- Administrative experience required but not necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with all students and staff.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to obtain certificate for authorization for service.
- Must not be debarred from Title IV Programs, and not in default on Title IV student loans.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical - standing, walking, sitting, handling papers and folders, ordinary talking, hearing and vision, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Mental - alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytical, memory, concentration, judgment, writing ability, reasoning, initiative, patience.
The Financial Planning Assistant assists the Director of Financial Planning, Sr. Financial Planning Officer, and Financial Planning Officer in administering financial aid programs according to Federal, State, Accreditation, and Institutional policies and guidelines.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Success Factors
- Complies with all federal, state, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Ability to explain Cost Summary Addendum and Enrollment Agreement to students and parents.
- Conduct financial overview process.
- Conduct Loan Counseling Entrance and Exit interviews.
- Maintains the files and conducts file review on a daily basis.
- Completes student file review for drop and grad students.
- Assist in student packaging and determining student eligibility.
- Enters and transmits Financial Aid data for third party service processing.
- Assists with Default Prevention activities.
- Schedule funds in CLASS on a daily basis.
- Process start date report on a daily basis.
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes.
- Filing all Financial Aid forms in files.
- Contributes to campus’ Completion rate.
- Contributes to campus’ Start Show rate.
- Other duties as assigned
- 90% Pell disbursements within 4 weeks of start.
- Meet 90/10.
- 98% or higher refund timeliness.
- Timely FA packaging (100% packaged on 6th day of start).
- Meet institutions benchmark for default rate.
International Education Corporation - 19 months ago
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....