Essential Skills and Experience
- Six months to two years related experience and/or educational training equivalent.
- English will be the primary language used; bilingual abilities useful but not required.
- Must be able to obtain certificate for authorization for service.
- Must not be debarred from Title IV Programs, and not in default on Title IV student loans.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical - standing, walking, sitting, handling papers and folders, ordinary talking, hearing and vision, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Mental - alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytical, memory, concentration, judgment, writing ability, reasoning, initiative, patience.
The Financial Planning Officer assists the Director of Financial Planning in administering financial aid programs according to Federal, State, Accreditation, and Institutional policies and guidelines.
Primary/Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Success Factors
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Assists in interpreting Federal, State, accrediting agency, and institutional regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interview prospective students to develop a financial aid award.
- Ability to prepare and explain Preliminary Award to students and parents.
- Work simultaneously with Admissions department in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Review student files for completeness and accuracy. Submit files to Third Party Financial Aid Service on a timely basis.
- Responsible for effective communication with students, staff and faculty.
- Collect and maintain confidential student documentation in accordance with Federal, State, accrediting agencies, and institutional policies.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in order to achieve deadlines.
- Conduct Loan Counseling Entrance / Exit Interviews
- Review and authorize student’s FA award.
- Prepare and explain Cost Summary Addendum and Enrollment Agreement to students and parents.
- Contribute to campus’ Completion rate.
- Contribute to campus’ Start Show rate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 90% Pell disbursements within 4 weeks of start.
- Meet 90/10.
- 98% or higher refund timeliness.
- Timely FA Packaging.
- Meet institutions benchmark for Default Rate.
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....