Deadline: February 14, 2013
Pay Grade: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of high level administrative and financial activities supporting the operation of the College of Education and Human Development’s Financial Services Unit. Independent judgment and discretion is required.
- Assist the FSU Coordinator with the management of the Financial Services Unit client delegated authority accounts and pre-award processes.
- Generate and analyze reports pertaining to account status from information obtained in PeopleSoft financials.
- Review, verify, and process financial and nonfinancial documents.
- Assist the FSU Coordinators in maintaining budgetary records (eg. spreadsheets and budget reconciliation).
- Responsible for monitoring the submission and allocation of Travel and Expense card transactions; including receipts, statements and filing.
- Research and respond to routine and non-routine inquiries as required.
- Prepare and submit a variety of web forms: including payroll, cash transmittals, vendor payments, payments to individuals; journal vouchers.
- Train and supervise student workers.
- Archive appropriate electronic and paper records.
- Organize and maintain files for all Centers supported by FSU.
- Operate and maintain standard office equipment.
- Order and monitor supplies.
- Perform other job relate duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or equivalent course work in business administration, accounting or related field with six years of administrative or financial analysis experience.
- Related progressive experience beyond a high school diploma or GED may be substituted for education or additional related education may be substituted for required experience.
- Requires knowledge of office practices and procedures, business English, proofreading and editing skills.
- Requires the ability to analyze and interpret data, make independent decisions, and have a high level of expertise with Excel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and interact with diverse populations. Familiar with PeopleSoft systems preferred.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members and Women. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at
University of Delaware - 10 months ago