Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Apply comprehensive understanding of financial reporting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to compiling, reviewing, and/or transmitting accurate financial results internally to the firm points of contact or externally to regulatory bodies (e.g., FHFA, SEC) for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Prepare and review complex reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Data Profile Production - Participate in the production of the company's book-of-business for use in regulatory and internal financial models. Coordinate with internal data providers, reconcile data, and ensure accuracy and completeness. Partner with Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations to ensure accurate translation of GAAP accounting to regulatory accounting. Monitor new business initiatives and propose modeling treatments on new business to FHFA.
- GAAP Analysis - Monitor and analyze changes to accounting policy and propose modification of systems and data to ensure accurate depiction of financial information. Maintain documentation on accounting policy and data provisioning procedures.
- Software Maintenance - Participate in technical requirements definition, testing, and documenting of various stress testing and data provisioning systems owned by the Risk-Based Capital group. Applications vary from third-party software and Excel-based End-User Computing tools to data piping and web-based applications. Interact with the Project Quality Office (PQO) to ensure documents comply with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Standard.
- Financial Modeling - Participate in financial modeling, involving analysis of new transactions and modifying existing data bridges to incorporate the data into the QRM income forecasting tool.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Strong accounting skills required; CPA highly desired.
- Knowledge of SQL and the Microsoft suite of products, including Excel, Word, and Power Point, are required.
- Knowledge of quantitative finance methods and fixed income products is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Oracle database and Unix operating system are preferred.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae's Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) preferred.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 18 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...