Primary Objective: Assist in the preparation of internal and external financial statements for a full cost accounting oil and gas company
Major Functions and Scope:
Education and Knowledge: Accounting degree; CPA Candidate preferred
- Assist in preparing publicly disclosed documents as required by the SEC.
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation for the SEC documents.
- Prepare and maintain SOX documentation for internal and external auditors
- Prepare stock based compensation valuations, earnings per share calculation, and guarantor financial statements
- Read and interpret contracts for contractual obligations disclosure preparation
- Work with independent auditors to provide “prepared by client” documents as needed.
- Perform other related duties and/or special projects as required.
· Accounting work-related experience
· 0-3 years preferred
· Experience in Financial statement preparation, including SEC document preparation
· Oil & Gas Industry a plus
· Proficient in MSOffice – Excel, Word, Access and Outlook preferred
· Knowledge of COGNOS, Equity Edge, Web Filings or XBRL tagging a plus
· Team work environment and daily interaction with independent auditors
EXCO Resources - 17 months ago