For the third year in a row, as part of an independent survey, Sargento was voted as one of the top places to work in Southeastern Wisconsin. That's because, we hire good people and treat them like family.
At Sargento you'll be in a highly visible position in a company big enough to be a national brand leader but small enough for you to feel at home and let you make an impact.
Our rewards include a competitive compensation, bonus and benefits package and generous 401(k) and profit sharing benefits. Sargento offers its employees work-life balance and a unique, values-based culture that makes us recognized as an area employer of choice.
Our Wisconsin location offers great lifestyle and recreational options and convenient access to major metropolitan areas.
Responsible for performing analysis, reconciliations and journal entries to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of actual and budgeted financial statements for internal and external reporting purposes. Additionally, provides financial analytical support to management in an accurate and customer-focused manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Month End Close
- Coordinate and update the month end close check list and related journal entry forms.
- Perform month-end closing procedures which include but are not limited to journal entry preparation and input, settling internal orders and assessing cost centers. Update assessments and cycles as necessary.
- Proactively investigate variances as identified or as requested on any of the general ledger accounts and make any necessary corrections. Perform education of others to provide understanding of errors and or inconsistencies.
- Analyze monthly financial results vs. budget and prior periods while providing key driver explanations to variances.
- Prepare the monthly financial reporting package through the use of BPC. Review the accuracy and consistency of the financial reporting package against general ledger and cost center information.
- Coordinate distribution of the monthly financial reporting package and cost center reports.
- Reconcile general ledger and bank accounts in a regular, accurate and timely manner.
- Assist the Assistant Controller in maintaining the general ledger and ensuring that financial transactions are applied accurately and in a timely manner. Review the financial entries of non-accounting personnel for proper assignment to general ledger accounts and cost centers.
- Perform audits of financial transactions as requested by the Assistant Controller and/or the Controller or as necessary to ensure accurate financial statement reporting.
- Assist in reporting fixed asset activities including capital acquisitions, depreciation and disposals.
- Support the financial reporting needs of management by preparing select divisional reports on a monthly basis and responding to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency and understanding on how financial transactions flow through SAP, BW and BPC in order to assure accurate financial reporting and to assist in troubleshooting inconsistencies and inaccuracies.
- Maintain and modify financial report templates and reports in BPC and/or SAP as required.
- Maintain strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and BPC for reporting, analysis and input templates.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget which includes, but is not limited to, coordinating and reviewing many of the shared cost center budgets.
- Organize and/or update existing audit work papers as well as prepare new work papers as requested for the annual financial audit.
- Serve as a resource during the annual financial audit, investigating and responding or escalating to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assists the Controller and Assistant Controller with special projects as requested.
- Continually look for ways to streamline processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
Sargento Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year college or university and three to five years financial reporting experience. Masters degree preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Analytical, financial and problem solving skills are required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Extensive Microsoft Excel knowledge and experience with a fully integrated business system. Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to work within a team environment.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.