The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining standard financial reports and business performance metrics, as well performing ad hoc financial analysis. This individual is tasked with providing reports and analysis that assists Firm management in making business decisions and helping to identify business risks and opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exhibit strong written and oral communication skills
- Display ability to clearly articulate complex concepts in simple terms to diverse audiences
- Strive to add value, build efficiency and improve accuracy and reliability of information
- Demonstrate sensitivity to deadlines and strive to deliver quality information timely
- Acknowledge requests, set expectations and clarify deliverables to meet goals
- Possess sensitivity to confidential information
- Demonstrate ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Display ability to be detailed oriented to ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint; knowledge of reporting tools VBA, SQL, Crystal (9 or better), SQL Server 2000 Enterprise (DTS packages, SQL reporting services (SSRS))
Education and/or Experience:
- Assemble and analyze detailed monthly financial statements.
- Produce, analyze and distribute financial reports to firm management and department heads. Make recommendations that will positively impact firm profitability.
- Create financial charts, graphs and presentations for senior management and partnership meetings.
- Communicate and interact with all levels of firm management.
- Assist with research and annual review of standard billing rates and alternate fee arrangements.
- Provide solutions to increase efficiency and accuracy of point-in-time delivery of information.
- Ad hoc analysis and special projects as requested by management.
- Become knowledge source and facilitator for data retrieval in support of all administrative departments.
BS or BA required; Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred with 3-5 years of relevant work experience in finance or accounting or any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Law firm or similar type of professional services environment preferred.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click "apply online" at the end of this page. EOE
Troutman Sanders LLP - 15 months ago
Troutman Sanders LLP is one of Atlanta's largest law firms, has more than 40 attorneys dedicated to health care and/or employee benefits...