- Managing the Company's SEC reporting process and ensuring the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP as well as developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures and policies to support accurate press releases and SEC filings.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly consolidated financials for distribution to senior executive management that comprehensively explain the operating results.
- Accounting for stock-based compensation, weighted average shares outstanding and shareholder's equity roll-forwards.
- Documenting and implementing required operational changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules.
- Adapting to a non-routine and fast paced environment.
- Communicating clearly and concisely.
- Monitoring of recent SEC updates and facilitating continuous improvements in preparing the SEC filings.
- Coordinating the Disclosure Committee meetings for the purposes of identifying requisite disclosures and review compliance.
- Assisting with preparation of the Annual Meeting materials, proxy statement and Annual Report.
- Reviewing and benchmarking of competitors' SEC filings and press releases.
- Researching technical accounting issues and arriving at well-reasoned conclusions.
- Maintaining and expanding technical accounting knowledge by staying appraised of new pronouncements and interpretations applicable to the business.
- Overseeing corporate accounting policies.
- Analyzing the financial, accounting and economic impacts of proposed transactions as required
Required (must-have) Qualifications:
- Compliance with the internal control requirements of SOX as they relate to reporting.
- Flexibility in providing additional support for operational accounting areas as needed.
- Bachelors of business administration or similar degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum 3 - 4 years in public accounting with a Big 4 or equivalent firm
- Experience with Public company clients
- 1-2 years of SEC reporting experience at a staff level
- Experience in stock-based compensation accounting and related systems
- Proficient in Word, Excel and other Microsoft applications
Accountants In Transition - 3 years ago