This position will manage the staff and processes for the close, audit, reporting, forecasting and budgeting for the Chapter Network. This position may also oversee grant accounting for a particular area, and or transaction support specialists, as well as ad hoc projects as needed.
· Supervise and assist in monthly and annual closing processes; analytical review, and discrepancy analysis, facilitating timely resolution of issues and reconciling items;
· Review management reports with key stakeholders including regional executives, DVPs, boards, specific donors,
· Assists in support needed for financial aspects of grant reporting (non governmental)
· Review and approval of COE staff within Reporting Center of Expertise including performance appraisals and professional development of key COE personnel; guidance, direction, and training with accounting systems and generally accepted accounting principles; and implementation of standards and best practices.
· Assist with Ad hoc projects
Requirements for this position include:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
· A minimum of five years public accounting or industry experience is required with three years of supervisory experience.
· Strong interpersonal skills are needed to resolve various issues that may arise.
· Must display good judgment, decisiveness and the ability to take independent action while leading a team effort.
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and management as well as with internal and/or external auditors. Must have good computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheets. Experience and ability to work within accounting systems.
Position will be filled where selected candidate resides. Supporting: MD, PA, VA, WV
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
American Red Cross - 2 years ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...