Org Marketing Statement
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Corporate Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory, Investment Management, Wealth Management, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
BBH and its affiliates are Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employers
Department Marketing Statement
The Financial Reporting Manager oversees a staff of Financial Reporting Supervisors responsible for the preparation of annual, semi-annual and quarterly (when necessary) financial statements and Forms (N-SAR, N-Q24F-2, and N-CSR) for registered investment companies. The position provides support to the fund's Treasurer in connection with fund expenses and general fund financial information. The position also oversees service delivery to assigned client groups and is also responsible for systems enhancements as they relate to financial reporting needs and the development of the group as a whole.
- Oversee planning, coordination, preparation and reviews of annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements and Forms N-SAR, N-Q24F-2, and N-CSR for registered investment companies.
- Prepare fund expense proforma; reviewing fund expenses and accruals.
- Review fund exposure invoice authorizations.
- Train staff on applicable laws and regulations as they pertain to the mutual fund industry.
- Ensure communication of law and regulation changes that pertain to the mutual fund industry to staff.
- Oversee and deliver reporting of statistical and performance data to fund management and industry publications.
- Maintain expert knowledge over applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosure, including the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Internal Revenue Code, GAAP, Regulation S-X and other applicable requirements.
- Communicate appropriately with Sr. Managers and internal contacts with respect to all timetables, workflows and other relevant financial administrative matters.
- Oversees annual fund audit processes.
- Assist in the evaluation and development of enhancements to BBH systems (OMEGA), and Merrill Reports to automate procedures for financial reporting purposes.
- Identify, assign and oversee special projects.
- Participate in special projects as directed by senior management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of EDGAR/Merrill Reports.
- Maintain a leadership role by developing internal relationships with key players in other departments to accomplish goals and resolve issues.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve individual and team performance.
- Manage performance issues and disciplinary process for employees failing to meet team expectations.
- Complete and oversee the completion of the BBH annual performance review process.
- Participate in selecting and hiring new staff.
- Provide oversight of client service delivery.
- Serve as a key point of escalation of contact for client contacts.
- Participate in client visits to ensure client satisfaction and communicate product related information.
- BS/BA degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of related industry experience including 8+ years of financial reporting experience.
- Prior supervisory experience or management experience.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, capable of monitoring and completing a competing tasks and projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is one of the oldest, largest, and most prestigious private banks in the US. Founded in 1818 and known for its...