Financial Reporting Manager
Accountable for preparation of company financial statements, completion of government compliance reporting and overseeing the accounting activities for holding companies and special operating entities including monthly general ledger close process; review approval and posting of journal entries; review and approval of account reconciliations; preparation of monthly report packs for reporting units for internal financial reporting; liaison with other corporate departments for accounting matters; apply technical accounting concepts; develop and maintain company's financial policies and procedures; and provide support for external and internal audits of country results. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
Key Working Relationships
- Oversee monthly general ledger closing process including approval and posting of journal entries and review of account reconciliations.
- Oversee monthly financial reporting and pack preparation for multiple reporting units and review for accuracy.
- Prepares financial statements for multiple entities that are required for debt compliance
- Prepares government compliance reports for BEA
- Liaison with legal and other departments as needed
- Provide external and internal auditors support for audits of country's accounts.
- Ensures accuracy of country's financial information and account reconciliations.
- Perform analytical analysis of account balances.
- Assist in developing and maintaining company policies, procedures and control matrices for Country.
- Responsible for applying technical account rules to U.S. transactions.
- Responsible for supervising and directing activities of departmental staff
- Personally coach, train and mentor direct reports and provide career development opportunities through training, and quality management activities.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department
- Address all employee performance problems promptly and directly in accordance with Company personnel policies.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular interaction with CEVA business managers within finance and across departments throughout the month.
- Annual interaction PricewaterhouseCoopers to facilitate audits.
Education & Experience
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) preferred
- Minimum five to seven years related experience
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experience required.
- Minimum three years industry experience preferred.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications including Oracle
- In-depth knowledge and solid experience in general accounting, monthly close and financial reporting
- Advanced knowledge of business finance and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced knowledge of consolidation accounting
- Advanced knowledge and experience in creating financial statements and including generation of cash flow statements.
- Knowledgeable of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and with professionalism, meeting deadlines in a timely manner
- Uncompromised integrity
- Experienced in directing and ensuring adherence to standard operating procedures, metrics, and regulatory compliance
- Demonstrated success in leading, supervising, managing and developing individuals and high performance teams
- Skilled in developing and using collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals, and developing individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the management of multiple projects and set priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills (maturity, good judgment, diplomacy and patience) and strong consulting and presentation skills
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
Yes, 10% of the time
Ceva Logistics - 2 years ago
CEVA Logistics U.S. is a regional unit of CEVA Logistics, part of giant CEVA Group. CEVA Logistics US provides freight forwarding and...