Empirical Concepts was founded in 1997 and provides professional accounting, financial management and Information Technological services to the federal government. Our goal is provide our clients with high quality services by leveraging strong accounting skills combined with a high proficiency in information technology. From our inception, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing and maintaining high standards for professional integrity, job commitment and technical excellence. This has allowed us to out-perform our competitors, which includes 2 of the big 4 accounting/consulting firms in the world.
Federal -- Financial Reporting Manager key responsibilities may include the following:
- Lead a team in the execution and implementation of a financial reporting and analysis project, which may include audit readiness and remediation.
- Preparing, reviewing and analyzing OMB A-136 compliant financial statements, program metrics, and other key financial reports.
- Interpreting accounting standards and regulations, and analyzing the impact to the client organizations along with developing recommendations and solutions.
- Evaluating and improving accounting and financial management processes and procedures.
- Assisting client senior management in designing financial processes and developing recommendations and solutions.
- Creating and implementing financial process project management operating procedures to be utilized by company and/or client staff, which includes project management methodologies, forms, reports, templates, standard operating procedures, guidelines, etc.
- Leverage existing and corporate knowledge and expertise in designing and implementing financial management processes and practices for various business units.
- Providing technical and functional expertise for responding to emergent accounting and financial reporting requirements.
- Interviewing various stakeholders to identify audit readiness needs; recommending and designing solutions; evaluating risk and benefits; and implementing and managing project milestones and timelines.
- Designing and implementing automated solutions, ensuring sufficient internal controls, along with managing the development of user manuals and other related materials.
- Being able to fulfill the requirements and responsibilities for the entire range of financial management activities including accounting, reporting, compliance, policies and procedures, and business processes, in accordance with the related authoritative and advisory guidance promulgated by the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), OMB, Department of Treasury and the Government Accounting Office.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the areas federal financial management and accounting, in the areas of financial reporting and analysis, project management, internal control assessment, and business process reengineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Other Business related degree with a minimum requirements to sit for the CPA exam.
- CPA required.
- Project Manager
- U.S. Citizenship
Empirical Concepts offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. It is our philosophy that by providing a highly competitive overall compensation package, with excellent growth opportunities and career development, flexible work-personal balance, and array of training opportunities, we achieve a mutually beneficial relationship. Our benefits package includes the following; Health, Dental and Vision; Paid Personal Time-Off (PTO)/Vacation; 401K with employer matching; Short Term Disability; Continuing Professional Education (CPE); and Off-site training.
Empirical is an EOE
Indeed - 2 years ago