The successful Manager, Financial Reporting will be lead the SEC reporting for two insurance subsidiaries of ING U.S., Inc. (ING USA and ILIAC). This position will also help lead the ongoing build-out of the US GAAP reporting process, including expanded usage of our existing financial reporting tools and participation in process improvement initiatives. Other responsibilities will include various other financial reporting-related initiatives or special projects.
Preparation and analysis of US GAAP disclosures required in Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
Liaison with other functional departments to ensure the quality, accuracy and completeness of the financial reporting disclosures.
Benchmark financial reporting disclosures against competitors.
Develop and utilize various analytical reports to assist with the understanding and validation of certain US GAAP disclosures.
Accurate and timely delivery of financial information for SEC filings.
Review, research, interpretation and implementation of SEC filing requirements.
Responsible for coordinating, conducting, and documenting financial reporting activities.
Lead other ad-hoc projects as a key team member that meet the ultimate objectives of the team, department and organization.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
Total of 7 to 10 years of experience, including public accounting, insurance accounting or SEC reporting environment; understanding of US GAAP and competent in preparing financial statement disclosures; financial analysis experience helpful
Establishes, modifies, documents, and implements reporting methods and control procedures
Shares technical expertise with others; recommends process improvements; provides functional advice or training to less experienced financial analysts
Leads other analysts in performing advanced problem solving and complex analysis
Requires strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize various projects under their direction in order to meet reporting deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with other departments; ability to communicate with higher levels of the organization
Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate issues, gain consensus and closure, meet deadlines and influence others
A self-starter, self motivated, self disciplined and performance driven; ability to work perform tasks with little direction
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PC Skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel required; PeopleSoft and/or ledger system experience a plus; Hyperion skills beneficial
What else can we tell you?
At ING, we truly believe in making things easier for our employees and clients. We understand the link between employee and customer satisfaction and want to offer you a different type of employee experience that recognizes your contribution and acknowledges individual needs, interests and stages in life. Our state-of-the-art facility is located on Powers Ferry Road in Atlanta, a convenient commute from most metro areas. The office includes a corporate gym, on-site cafeteria, free parking, leading edge technology, and much, much more. Business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
• Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
• 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
• Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
• Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
• Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
• Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING U.S. is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. ING U.S. has been recognized for many of our diversity practices:
• ING U.S. has earned a perfect score in the Human Rights Campaign’s annual Corporate Equality Index for seven straight years (2007-2013).
• ING U.S. has received a Catalyst Award that honors exceptional initiatives from companies that support and advance women in business.
• Diversity Inc Noteworthy Top 25 Companies (2011)
• National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, Financial Services Diversity Corporation of the Year, 2011 "
Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
• ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
• ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
• All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm .
If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
• Your local law enforcement officials.
• The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
• The web site with the job posting in question.
- 21 months ago - save job
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...