Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager will work closely with the Assistant Controller, external Consultants/Advisors, Old Mutual Asset Management ("OMAM") Affiliates and other Head Office Functions in support of a project to convert OMAM's historic IFRS Financial Statements to US GAAP. This process will include identifying and implementing the data gathering and financial reporting process enhancements necessary to deliver ongoing quarterly statutory Financial Reporting, which the Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for coordinating and drafting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of quarterly US GAAP financial data for inclusion in statutory filings, including supporting schedules/reconciliations, drafting management discussion & analysis and liaising with advisors & auditors thereon.
- Maintenance of and accounting for inventory of Affiliate 'funds' and similar entities subject to consolidation and/or specific disclosure requirements as part of the process of preparing OMAM US GAAP financial statements.
- Provision of US GAAP technical accounting expertise with respect to specific issues and/or transactions occurring within the business, including drafting of accounting analyses and liaising with advisors & auditors thereon.
- Assistance with ad hoc analysis and projects in relation to the business, such as financial modeling and potential deal-related analysis.
Necessary Skill Set
- Bachelor Degree
- At least 5 - 8 years of professional experience
The preceding Position Description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this qualification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
- The candidate must be a qualified CPA.
- The candidate must have US public company reporting experience, preferably working within the asset management and/or other financial services industries. Working in an advisory or auditing capacity for an SEC registrant would also be acceptable.
- The candidate must have experience dealing with complex consolidation/control scenarios, with in depth knowledge of the requirements of ASC 810-10 (formerly FIN 46R / FAS 167) and ASC 810-20 (formerly EITF 04-05).
- The candidate must be a competent and accomplished communicator, with experience dealing with senior personnel within an organization and managing projects involving multiple disciplines and individuals.
- The candidate must work well within a team, possessing willingness and the ability to collaborate with colleagues and work collectively to meet various deadlines and deliverables.