Financial Reporting Manager at Tapjoy in San Francisco, CA
Tapjoy is a mobile advertising and monetization platform whose unique Mobile Value Exchange model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual rewards or premium content. Tapjoy helps unlock mobile joy by empowering more than 900 million mobile users who choose to watch videos, subscribe to services, install applications and participate in other types of advertisements in exchange for virtual rewards they can use in their favorite apps. Tapjoy’s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users and monetize their applications, while its powerful advertising marketplace lets brand advertisers reach a global mobile audience spanning more than 20,000 applications. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Santa Barbara, London, Paris, Dusseldorf, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com .
Tapjoy is a rapidly growing company with strong revenues and solid market share, and needs an experienced Financial Reporting Manager. This position will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
- Technical research and memo preparation for implementation/impact of ASC’s, SEC Bulletin’s, etc. for the Company’s financial reporting results
- Reporting which includes compiling all of the financial statements and related footnotes
- Audit support preparation for annual/quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics
- General ledger assistance for computing and booking journal entries in such areas as reconciling equity, stock-based compensation, computing software capitalization amounts and income taxes
- Financial statement report writing on the Company’s ERP Oracle system
- Experience with such areas as stock-based compensation accounting (CAPMx) and earnings per share computations
- Assistance with tax provision and working with outside tax third party to calculate disclosures
- Assistance with accounting policies and procedures
- Drafting the MD&A sections of 10K/Q’s
- Review of internal financial reports such as board reports, etc.
- Liaise with the company’s external independent auditors as well as the Company’s General Counsel
- Other projects as assigned
So...why would you want to work for Tapjoy?
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA required
- Big Four public accounting experience preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years operational experience in all areas of accounting in rapidly growing and public companies
- SEC experience
- Experience with drafting SEC reporting for such documents as S-1’s, 10K’s and 10Q’s including the MD&A section; reconciling accounts; Oracle Financials; multi-national public companies; advertising industry; rapidly growing companies are all desirable
- Prior accounting experience within an advertising company is preferred
- High capacity to operate effectively in a fast pace environment with imperfect infrastructure. Must be highly detail oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and effective at problem solving
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- A mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
The real question is...why wouldn't you?
- We are a small company doing very big things
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems - and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We've done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go - and now we need your help to get there