The Financial Reporting Manager supervises and coordinates the activities of the Cost Accountant. Ensures the accuracy of the General Ledger system. Coordinates the preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations. Coordinates the activities of various audits and prepares schedules for them and for corporate tax return schedules.
Main Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Directly supervises the position of the Cost Accountant.
- Coordinates and contributes to preparation of periodic financial reporting.
- Ensures the accuracy of accounting classification for all financial transactions.
- Coordinates and oversees all company auditing activities (annual financial statement & bank audits, DCAA (Navy) audit and insurance audits).
- Completes and oversees completion of IRS and State of Kansas corporate tax return work papers for CPA firm tax preparers.
- Completes and oversees completion of all balance sheet reconciliations and ensures timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Oversees fixed asset system and calculation of depreciation for financial reporting and tax purposes.
- Transmits and coordinates 401(k) reporting with plan administrator.
- Completes IRS Form 5500 reporting for 401(k) and medical insurance plans.
- Completes required government census and survey reporting.
- Assumes role of the Finance Department expert for the ERP (ProfitKey) system.
- Prepares and transmits semi-monthly payroll for exempt employees.
- Signs Accounts Payable checks on a weekly basis.
- Prepares IRS Form 1042’s for annual payments made to foreign persons.
- Assists the CFO with business planning and forecasting activities.
- Performs duties as requested by Chief Financial Officer and Management.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including: 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement.
All candidates will be subject
to drug & alcohol screening and a background check prior to
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Master’s degree in accounting or related field preferred
- CPA designation highly preferred
- Two to four years of accounting experience required
- Four or more years of accounting experience preferred
- Proficiency with PC’s and computer software, including Microsoft Office products and ERP (ProfitKey) system
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner
- Extensive knowledge of business finance and accounting practices
- Good knowledge of tax laws in a business setting
- Strong financial analysis abilities
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Effective management and supervisory skills
- Good knowledge of human resources practices
For over 100 years, Taylor Forge has supplied fabricated products to energy markets around the world. Taylor Forge Engineered Systems has...