POSITION TITLE: Financial Reporting Manager, Tustin, CA, Salaried / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Accounting
The Financial Reporting Manager will provide high level of support and service to all divisions across the western United States. The position will be responsible for supervision for all phases of the General Ledger, and Financial Reporting. Included but not limited to the supervision of month-end close process, quality control of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation, and oversight of financial statement production.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the monthly financial close, including journal entry processing, and general ledger account activity review to ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality of client monthly financial statements and other internal and external financial reports.
- Reviews balance sheet reconciliations applying technical knowledge and judgment to ensure accuracy of accounts and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Maintain internal controls and segregation of duties required to drive the implementation of accounting best practices. Maintains internal controls applicable to all facets of the General Ledger and Financial Reporting process. This includes the assessment of control risk and the recommendation of improvements to mitigate such risk.
- Maintains and communicates all General Ledger and Financial Reporting related policies to the department.
- Supports the Divisional accounting staffs on issues related to items affecting the general ledger; this includes, but is not limited to, the coordination and communication of the year end invoice accrual process, assistance with year-end audit support and preparation of various month or year-end journal entries.
- Develop and maintain process and procedures for GL Staff Accountants.
- Mentors, supervises, develops and trains accounting staff.
- Establishes and maintains performance metrics for the department.
- Assists the Director with developing departmental planning and process activities.
- Maintains continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifies, reviews and implements process improvements.
- Builds strong internal, external and cross functional business relationships.
- Leads project teams through successful implementations with strong project management skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or higher degree (Accounting or Finance preferred).
- Requires 3+ years of related supervisory experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage timelines and deliverables.
- Strong customer service expertise.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to be flexible and work in dynamic, fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels in the organization and across all functions.
TevisHR - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard